Long time no presence on the blogosphere. I have spent the past few weeks thinking about what I wanted to do with my blogs and decided that I wanted to re-launch with one single site that would cover all of my interests. So, welcome to the first post on my new site 😀 I thought I would start off with an update on what’s been happening in September so far.
- Dead Lions by Mick Herron – review to follow
- Evil at Heart by Chelsea Cain – review to follow
- The Truth About the Harry Quebert Affair by Joel Dicker – decided to get the book rather than watch the TV series
- Sadie by Courtney Summers – “if she dies, she takes the truth with her”
- The Chrysalis by Brendan Deneen – don’t go into the basement, apparently
- The Book of the Unnamed Midwife by Meg Alison – more post-apocalyptic stuff; I am unable to resist this sort of thing
- Transcription by Kate Atkinson – I loved Life After Life and God in Ruins so very much looking forward to this one; saving it for my holiday in October
- Real Tigers by Mick Herron – the third Jackson Lamb novel; love these
- The Night Season by Chelsea Cain – the fourth Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell serial killer books
- The Real Lolita by Sarah Weinman – the basis for the notorious novel (which I still haven’t read, though I really should)
- Scienceville (and Other Lost Worlds) by Gary Gibson – excellent British sci-fi in short story form
- The Bone Key by Sarah Monette – how could I resist something subtitled as necromantic mysteries?
- Codename Villanelle by Luke Jennings – the basis for the BBC series Killing Eve – see below
- Victorians Undone
- Night Film
I’ve also been watching quite a bit of TV, as the autumn season kicks in and new drama is appearing on all channels. Bodyguard is really addictive but soon to finish, and I’ve just started Trust, Killing Eve and A Discovery of Witches – all look very promising. Actually, Killing Eve is awesome, as you might have gathered from the last item on the purchase list above.
If I finish the two books I’m reading now then I will hit 52 books this week, meeting my 2018 reading target 3 months early. Yay me!!
Hope you all have a great reading week.