So after a very successful reading year I’m hoping to keep up the good work in 2019, including reading
- more physical books,
- more books that I already own (ie not just bought and read immediately), and
- more books from series that I’ve read some of in the past or have yet to start.
I will be setting my Goodreads 2019 Reading Challenge to 75 books – up from my usual 52. I think I should be able to achieve that as I read 63 books this year, including a real dip in the last few months of the year so that’s a conservative outcome.
I will also be taking part in the Mount TBR Challenge, hosted on Goodreads by Bev. This is my first year participating and I’ve decided to be ambitious and aim to climb Mont Blanc; that will account for 24 books included in (not in addition to, I’m not mad) the 75 mentioned above.
The key rules for the climb are:
- books must be owned by the reader prior to January 1, 2019 – so that includes Christmas gifts, hurrah!
- any re-read may count, regardless of how long the reader has owned it before 2019, provided it hasn’t been read in last five years
- ebooks can count if they are owned and are one of the primary sources of backlogged books – however, I’m only going to include physical books because that’s where my problem lies; I find it easier to read on my iPad
I will set up a page on the blog so that you can track my progress, should you wish to; my main reading goal will be tracked on my Goodreads page.
Does that make sense? I hope that makes sense. To the Reading Chair!