This incarnation of the blog may only be 5 months old but the Bride has been around since 20/21/22 January (depending on what source you consult) in 2007 which means that the Bride is 12.
Cue balloons and cake!
When I was actually 12 years old it was 1974.
- Christian Bale, Amanda Abbington, Alyson Hannigan & Matthew Macfadyan were born;
- Agnes Moorehead, Georgette Heyer and Mama Cass Elliott died;
- Tiger Feet and Waterloo (all hail ABBA)charted, and Andy Williams’ Solitaire was number one on my birthday;
- Jeff Goldblum made his first appearance on the big screen; and
- three of my favourite films were released – The Towering Inferno (still the best disaster movie in my view), Young Frankenstein and Murder on the Orient Express (the Albert Finney one, with a huge starry cast and a suitably sized moustache)
Elsewhere we had Watergate, the kidnapping of Patty Hearst and the publication of Carrie, the book that got me into contemporary horror.
That was indeed a year.
Here’s to another 12 months of blogging. Hope you will stick with me 😀