All of the books I didn’t know I was going to buy but I succumbed for whatever reason. If I actually remember what those reasons were I will be sure to let you know below 🙂
The Horror…. almost entirely bought simply because it was October
- Little Eve & Rawblood by Catriona Ward – remote Scottish islands, lonely houses on moors, all things Gothic
- The Fiends in the Furrows – an anthology of folk horror edited by David T Neal, this is a genre I want to read more of having enjoyed Midsommar earlier this year
- Cold Moon Over Babylon by Michael McDowell – Southern Gothic, bought because I have started to read another of his novels and am enjoying it so much I know I want to read more
- The Complete Weird Epistles of Penelope Pettiweather, Ghost Hunter by Jessica Amanda Salmonson – it’s about a ghost hunter so, you know …..
- Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming – one of my favourite actors, I’m still devastated that Instinct has been cancelled, so obviously had to get this to keep me company until I see him on stage next year.
- Pet Sounds by Quinn Cummings – my love for Quinn has been mentioned here more than once; sadly once I finish this I will have read all of her books and will only have her podcast left…
- The Pigeon Tunnel by John Le Carre – spies and writing, two of the things I enjoy reading about, this looks totally absorbing.
- Out by Natsuo Kirino – my fascination with Japanese crime fiction continues
- The Last Days by Laurent Seksik – a fictionalised version of the last months of the writer Stefan Zweig before he took his own life in 1942
- You Should Have Left by Daniel Kehlman – I think I saw this recommended by another blogger, but in any case it looks interesting (and may possibly have been added to the Horror list)
- The Witch Who Came in from the Cold S1 – having mentioned reading the first chapter here I was clearly going to by the complete version, so I did
- Defender by GX Todd – when the blurb mentions both Stephen King and Neil Gaiman then I have to give this author a try.
Have you read any of these?
One thought on “October Round-Up | New Books | The Impulse Purchases”