Happy Father’s Day to those celebrating with their Dads, or (like me) remembering Dads no longer with us.
It’s been a quiet week chez Bride, so let’s just get into the book stuff.
Currently reading – exactly the same books as last week, but I’ve made progress on most of them
Finished – nothing. So very dull.
New books this week:
- The I-5 Killer by Ann Rule – another for my ever-growing collection of true crime books
- Tinseltown: Murder, Morphine & Madness at the Dawn of Hollywood by William J Mann – a fresh look at the unsolved murder of William Desmond Taylor in the 1920s
- Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis – I’ve been reading about Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple, and a reference to Elmer Gantry led to me looking into Lewis’s work and this caught my eye
- The Deadly Touch of the Tigress (Anna Lee #1) by Ian Hamilton – learned about this series by Musings from the Sofa and thought it sounded great
- Forgetting Zoe by Ray Robinson – mentioned by Girl with her Head in a Book, I think this will be an intriguing companion to My Dark Vanessa, which is on my TBR.
We have watched all four series of Cardinal, and was sad to see that there will be no more series; a real shame. But series 3 of The Sinner has just appeared on UK Netflix, and along with Russian Doll is keeping me occupied. Also excited to start watching the new Perry Mason series.
Hoping this week will be more productive. Stay safe everyone!