I can’t believe that we are already at the end of May (or the start of June when this will be published); almost halfway through the year. So much better than this time last year. The Book God and I have both been fully vaccinated, we’ve ventured out to a restaurant for the first time in I don’t know how long, and we have plans to do interesting things over the next few weeks.
The sun is also shining and the temperatures are beginning to climb above 20 degrees (centigrade) and things are looking good.
I’ve probably jinxed it now!
It’s been a good reading month too.
- Books read this month = 8
- Pages read = 3417
- Progress against Goodreads challenge = 53% (8 books ahead of schedule)
In terms of challenges, I have half-heartedly started the David Copperfield Reading project with nothing substantive to report so far, and the Twenty Books of Summer challenge starts tomorrow (1 June). You can find my book selections here.
Next month’s pre-orders:
- Castle Shade by Laurie R King – Mary & Holmes get caught up in a mystery involving Queen Marie of Romania. Transylvania might just be involved! This is the 17th entry in this series and I really do need to get caught up
- The Wood Bee Queen by Edward Cox – librarians, local folklore, magical stones – what’ not to love!
- The Murder of Graham Catton by Katie Lowe – death of Mr C thought to be solved, done and dusted but along comes one of those pesky true crime podcasts to stir things up again
- The Maidens by Alex Michaelides – exclusive students in a Cambridge college – actually made it four comments down on the Amazon page before I hit my first reference to The Secret History
- Falling by TJ Newman – pilot’s family is kidnapped and the only way to save them is to crash the plane…..
- Star Eater by Kerstin Hall – magical bloodlines, shadowy factions, spying, all of the things
- Artifact Space by Miles Cameron – what is targeting the great spaceships which transport stuff in human occupied space?
I’m going to try really, really hard not to buy anything else but we shall see. My track record is not good…
Nothing much else to add here, so I’ll wish you very happy reading, and stay safe!