A quick round-up of bookish things from the last month. There was so. much. RAIN!
- Books read – 5
- Pages read – 1382
- Goodreads update – 37 books completed, 62% of my target
- 20 Books of Summer – I have only read five books from the 20 I’m aiming for, with three currently underway.
- David Copperfield – I’ve decided not to do this now; I think it’s more of a winter project for me.
And now to July’s pre-orders
- What Big Teeth by Rose Szabo – being described as Miss Peregrine meets the Addams Family; works for me.
- Notes from the Burning Age by Claire North – “Ven was once a holy man, a keeper of ancient archives. It was his duty to interpret archaic texts, sorting useful knowledge from the heretical ideas of the Burning Age – a time of excess and climate disaster. For in Ven’s world, such material must be closely guarded, so that the ills that led to that cataclysmic era can never be repeated.” I love Claire and I’m really looking forward to this.
- A Psalm for the Wild Built by Becky Chambers – the beginning of a new series called Monk and Robot; much anticipated.
- The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix – sounds most excellent and I’ll try very very hard not to compare if to We Are All Completely Fine 🙂
- Mimic by Daniel Cole – more serial killers; this one recreating works of art with dead bodies because of course they are
- The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig – Rural Pennsylvania, long-buried secrets, a child in danger – share your secrets with your family before you move into the creepy house, people!
- The Dying Squad by Adam Simcox – a supernatural police force, a spirit guide and a detective called Lazarus; should be fun
- Bryant & May – London Bridge is Falling Down by Christopher Fowler – the next entry in the long-running and thoroughly enjoyable B&M series.
- Dog Rose Dirt by Jen Williams – I have a lot of admiration for Jen and am really looking forward to her first foray into crime/thriller territory
- The Letters of Shirley Jackson, because I love reading other people’s letters……
I’m currently reading four books and hoping to have a prolific month, but we’ll have to wait and see. Hope you all have a great July and stay well 🙂