I seem to have created a busy month for myself in October but I can’t really complain as we have decided not to go on holiday as we normally would (we didn’t last year for obvious reasons) so it’s nice to have other things going on….
Pre-orders – new books coming into the Bride’s TBR list
- A Kindle Splintered by Alix E Harrow
- Reprieve by James Han Mattson
- All of the Marvels by Douglas Wolk
- Sherlock Holmes & the Three Winter Terrors by James Lovegrove
- Along the Saltwise Sea by A Deborah Baker
- The Cabinet by Un-su Kim
- The Winter Guest by WC Ryan
- Once Upon a Crime by Fergus Craig
- Nothing But Blackened Teeth by Cassandra Khaw
- Flowers for the Sea by Zin E Rocklyn
- Murder Isn’t Easy by Carla Valentine
- Far from the Light of Heaven by Tade Thompson
- Grave Reservations by Cherie Priest
- Baggage by Alan Cumming
That’s quite a list; ordered over many months which is why it’s always a bit of a shock to see them all typed out like this 🙂
Tomorrow I’m heading off to the Victoria & Albert Museum to see the Alice in Wonderland exhibition – I’ll talk about that in a future post, and later in the week I’m hoping to zoom into an online session, again hosted but he V&A, where Amy Fine Collins will be talking about the history of the International Best Dressed List. I may have bought the actual, physical book – a rarity for me these days.
Later in the month I’m heading off to an event at the Cartoon Museum celebrating the career of Sydney Jordan, creator of the sci-fi comic strip Jeff Hawke. The Book God is a member of the Jeff Hawke Society and we’ve met Sydney several times.
And I’ve also booked tickets for a few films at the London Film Festival, including new films by Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson. All very exciting.
If you are interested in my thoughts on any of the above then watch this space! And let me know what you guys have going on.
2 thoughts on “What’s coming up in ….. October 2021”
Ooh, look at you and all your October books and activities! How fun! I just placed a hold on Reprieve at the library, as it sounds extra spooky and that is my jam. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
What can I say, Jenny, I’m just a big show-off!!